Deep Tissue Massage and Advanced Techniques – 2 Days plus assessment day £295
Course Description: Deep Tissue Massage is a specific massage that focuses on releasing the deeper myofascial restrictions of the deeper muscle, tendons and ligaments of the body. It is sometimes known as Myofascial Release
Learning Outcome: By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Understand the history and theory of deep tissue massage
• Understand the structure of the larger muscles of the body
• Understand the structure of the human body
• Recognise contra-indications to deep tissue massage
• List the benefits of deep tissue massage treatments
• Understand the client examination process in deep tissue massage
• Realise the difference between advanced massage and Swedish massage
• Consult with the client to understand their requirements
• Perform a full body deep tissue massage treatment with individual treatment plan
• Understand contra-actions
• Give appropriate homecare and retail advice
Requirements: Students must be qualified in Body Massage for a minimum of six months and be competent with performing Body Massage. Evidence of Body Massage qualification is required before the course commences.
Certificate Issued: On completion of the final assessment day.