Acupressure Seated Chair Massage – One Day £165
This is a massage therapy that is carried out fully clothed and in the seated position, is sometimes referred to as on-site massage and is a hybrid of the ancient Oriental Shiatsu and Anma massages. It uses a specially designed portable chair. Traditionally, the sequence lasts no more than twenty minutes, making it ideal for use within corporate organisations. Learn to deliver this relaxing treatment within the salon, clients home or in their workplace.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the theory of Seated Acupressure Chair massage
- Understand the history of Seated Acupressure Chair massage
- Understand the muscles of the head and shoulder
- Recognise contra-indications to Seated Acupressure Chair massage
- List the benefits of Seated Acupressure Chair massage
- Understand the effects of Seated Acupressure Chair massage on the body
- Consult with the client to understand their requirements
- Perform a Seated Acupressure Chair massage treatment
- Understand contra-actions
- Give appropriate homecare and retail advice
Course Requirements: Level 2 NVQ or equivalent, Level 3 NVQ or equivalent OR Just Pampered Body Massage Diploma OR Anatomy and Physiology Qualification, home study of manual prior to lesson and showing competence of treatments on the day and complete written assessment.
Certificate Issued: Same Day