Microdermabrasion – Half Day £95
Course Description: This is a medical treatment using a highly controlled flow of crystals or a diamond tip to remove the dead, outermost layer of the skin of the face or a specific problem area of the body. Learn to provide face and body treatments to treat scarring, stretch marks, pigmentation, pitting, fine lines and more.
Learning Outcome: By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the history and theory of microdermabrasion
- Recap the anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Recognise contra-indications to microdermabrasion
- Be able to list the benefits of microdermabrasion treatments
- Consult with the client to understand their requirements
- Perform a microdermabrasion treatment
- Learn to adjust the machine settings according to client requirements
- Understand contra-actions
- Give appropriate homecare and retail advice
Course Requirements: NVQ Level 2 or equivalent. The candidate should be competent at facial treatments and skincare consultations. Home study of the manual is required prior to course and on the day you will perform a facial and body treatment and complete a written assessment.
Certificate Issued: Same Day